Monday, May 3, 2010

In loving memory: Margaret, Leo and Greg

With the sudden passing of my paternal grandmother, Margaret last year in March and my uncle Greg this recent March of a fatal heart attack and now grandfather Leo passing away last night after a long illness (complications from COPD, heart attack and leuekmia), I have found a new perspective on life. Hopefully with this newly found perspective, even as sad as these deaths are it might bring good to us who are still living. Although I was not close to them and did not know them well, I believe every death impacts us in one way or another.
For me, the fact that I carry their genes in me and knowing that even though I don't smoke or do drugs-- I am still not as healthy as I should be. I have lived with Type 1 Diabetes for 22 years, and thank god with no complications so far. Life is passing by with a blur. I turn 30 in two weeks. I am tipping the scale at nearly 200lbs. Just seeing that number hurt my eyes. I do good enough with my diabetes management. I know I could be doing so much better and having much more control on my life.
This is the just beginning; this might not work but I have to keep on trying until I find what works for me. With this blog, I hope to document my daily food intake, my blood sugar numbers, the insulin I take with the pump and my exercise program as it develops. I can say right now, honest to god, have NO IDEA how I am going to make all of this happen, but it needs to happen.

To start things off:

5/3/2010
7:30am: BG 227
7:30am: 7U N
7:30am: 45 carbs
Half of 8oz Nancy's Raspberry Yogurt, 1P bread w/ cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment